Tips and tricks
If the gum does not leave the first time, repeat the operation until it leaves completely.What to use
- Plastic bag
1) Put the ice inside the plastic bag.
2) Place the plastic bag with ice on the chewing gum and let it be some minutes until the gum hardens.
3) With the help of a knife, scratch carefully the gum out of the surface it's on.
Never use steel wool or abrasive cleaningWhat to use
- Bleach or chlorine-based solution
- White vinegar
- Peroxide 20 volumes
- Fine salt
- Dry flannel
- Nylon brush
- Automotive wax
1) To remove the yellowed bathtub, wash with a strong solution of bleach, then rinse a cloth soaked in white vinegar or paraffin.
2) In marble baths, sprinkle fine salt, wet it with hydrogen peroxide of 20 volumes and let it stand for a few minutes. Then scrub with a nylon brush, rinse with clean water and then wipe dry.
3) To preserve the freshness, use automotive wax, buffing with a dry cloth.
Beautiful and durable, stainless steel is a material of an easy conservation. With proper and routine cleaning it is possible to maintain unchanged the original features, preserving its corrosion resistance, appearance and hygiene.
Even in the case of more stubborn stains, you must start with the gentlest method, repeating the operation a reasonable number of times, before resorting to harsh methods.
The best products to save stainless steel are water, soap, soft and neutral detergent, removers based on ammonia, diluted in warm water, applied with a soft cloth or nylon sponge. Then just rinse with plenty of water, preferably warm, and dry with a soft cloth.
Drying is extremely important to avoid the appearance of spots on the surface of the product. Routine cleaning can also be made into dishes and washing machines only when the dirt is heavy, it is recommended to pre-wash.
This routine cleaning easily removes the most common soils and often removes the more intense, causing stains of the steel surface to completely disappear.
In the case of soiling and when routine cleaning is not enough, apply a mixture made with sodium bicarbonate dissolved in household alcohol to form a slurry, then with a soft cloth wipe the stainless steel surface. If you prefer, also use a soft bristle brush and with long and uniform past always in the direction of the polished finish is the case there. Avoid rubbing in a circular motion. Then just rinse with plenty of water, preferably warm, and dry with a soft cloth.Intense dirt / marked spots
Make a pre-soak in warm or hot detergent, or a solution of an ammonia-based remover (homemade removers) and water. If this is not enough to soften burnt food or carbonized deposits, resort to more aggressive products such as caustic soda removers base used in household cleaning. Follow the procedure above to remove the soiling, repeat if necessary and only if the dirt persists use a more severe method, with the use of abrasive products, such as sapolio.
Lastly, rinse and follow the routine cleaning steps.
Clean coarse dirt with a soft cloth or paper towel. Then dip the piece in a warm solution of detergent or ammonia. Then follow the routine cleaning procedures.Fingerprints
Remove them with a soft cloth or paper towel moistened with isopropyl alcohol (available at pharmacies) or organic solvent (ether, benzene). Reduce the chances of recurrence after applying a domestic polishing wax-based or petroleum jelly on clean, dry surface.Labels or tags
Caution: never scrape the surface of the steel with blades, spatulas or abrasive cleansers.Rust stains
Such stains with a halo in its outline indicates that some fragment of common steel was clinging to the stainless steel surface. With a cotton swab soaked in water and nitric acid 10%, make topical applications, while maintaining the moist place for 20 to 30 minutes, repeating the operation if necessary.
Heavier stains require vigorously rub the stained area with a paste made of fine abrasive household (sapolio), water and nitric acid at 10%, using a polishing sponge. The acid treatment should always be followed by a rinsing in a solution of ammonia or sodium bicarbonate and routine cleaning.
Nitric acid (HN03) is a unique mineral acid which can be used in stainless steel cleaning where other procedures are insufficient to remove stains on its surface.
However, avoid their contact with other metals, especially those made of aluminum-based and copper, in the common kitchen utensils.
It is recommended to use it at a concentration of 10% (one part acid to nine parts water), using rubber gloves and eye protection. Keep the solution in glass containers, out of reach of children. In case of accidental contact with skin, wash with water.
In general, the stainless steel surface retains its properties provided as long as it is treated with the necessary care. It is easily cleaned, even under adverse conditions of contamination or dirt. But occasionally, depending on their nature, certain contaminants and dirt may be difficult to remove.
Often, the fact that stainless steel does not perform their functions or modify their appearance is not steel fault, but due to the inappropriate use or misuse of maintenance and cleaning methods. Next, meet some typical examples of inadequate procedures that compromise the use of stainless steel:
Leaks in tanks or industrial pipes, together with the continuous evaporation, result in an environment with higher concentrations of corrosive substances. This may cause the beginning of a corrosive process in stainless steel components not specified to withstand excessively harsh environments.
The dust and dirt deposited on stainless steel in marine or industrial atmospheres, absorb corrosive contaminants (e.g., salt with marine conditions). In this case also the evaporation and the higher concentration may result in corrosion or damage to the stainless steel surface.
Sterile solutions or detergents used in the food preparation industry are generally based on aggressive chemicals (eg chlorine releasers). These products are frequently used in far above the recommended concentrations, or kept in contact with articles and equipment during the stop period of the industrial unit. Such procedures certainly result in corrosive attacks.
Even adopting the normal cleaning procedures in stainless steel maintenance, there are precautions that should be observed to preserve their characteristics.Acids and chemicals
Acids and chemicals for swimming pools, battery acid, muriatic acid, paint removers and similar damage the stainless steel surface; therefore, they should be avoided. Bleaches and bleach can be used occasionally in sinks or tanks, since diluted in water at recommended concentrations. Use of cold and warm water rather than hot water or boiling.Cleaning products
Abrasive polishing and scouring powders should only be used in extreme cases, it can damage the stainless steel surface.Food and ingredients
Avoid prolonged contact with highly concentrated salt solutions, especially at high temperatures.Superaquecimento
Do not overheat stainless steel pots, letting its contents boil until dry. This procedure creates difficult stains to remove and damage the cables and background.Aço comum
Do not let common steel articles in contact with stainless steel, especially if they are damp or wet. This is the case of steel sponges, whose rust can stain the stainless steel. When you can not avoid its use, the parts should be rinsed with water.
- Cloth slightly moistened with water or alcohol
- Preferably portable vacuum cleaner
- Clean cloth
- Neutral soap
- Turn off the computer
- Clean the CPU (outside) with a cloth slightly moistened with water or alcohol
- Use a portable vacuum cleaner to vacuum the keyboard
- Use a clean cloth with alcohol to clean the plastic parts of the keyboard
- To clean the monitor, use a damp, lint free cloth with alcohol and wipe the screen and other plastic surfaces
- To clean the mouse, turn the lid on the bottom of it
- Remove the ball and wash it with mild soap and water
- Wipe the ball with a cloth lint-free
- Clean the bars with which the ball is in contact
- Place the ball in place and replace the cover
- Always disconnect the equipment from the mains to carry out cleaning
- In the micro screen can also use cloth with wiper fluid
- Do not let drip drops of alcohol inside the monitor
- Do not use abrasive (such as sponge Scotch) on the screen
- Do not push too hard the keys to clean the keyboard
- Do not remove the head of the keys to clean
- Be careful not to let any liquid drip between the keys
To leave their well branquinhas sneakers, soak them in a bucket with soap, water and a tablespoon of ammonia, and leave there for a few minutes.Odor de cigarro
To get the cigarette smell of an environment, soak a soft sponge in white vinegar, place a small plate and put in a corner of this place.Prego na parede
Before hitting a nail on the wall, put it in hot water, it prevents the plaster and paint to break.
Place a bucket 1 part water and 1 part bleach mix, wipe with a cloth soaked in this mixture local moldy and let dry for 24 hours. Then paint. Good paintings!
Cutlery and silver jewelry will darken...
Can you even lighten them easily with toothpaste, saving some €€€.
Rub the silver with toothpaste until it gets to shine. Then wash in hot water and dry with a soft cloth.
Remove excess with a razor blade carefully to avoid scratching the floor.
Place a paper type blotter or absorbent towel over what is left and the iron go through on the sail debris will adhere to the paper. Go changing the paper to completely remove the candle drop.
Do not use chemicals because compromise the floor finish.
To see a polished wooden floor think of beauty, good taste and a lot of work!!!
It is true that you need to take good care of a wooden floor, but it does not hurt your back if you do it regularly.
- The product used to waterproof the wooden floor determines how to take care of it. Varnish or Waxes are used to finish these floors.
- The integrity and beauty of wooden floors finished with varnish or wax can be maintained simply by the use of cleaners and waxes based solvent. Never use water on hardwood floors, except those treated with polyurethane. They can be cleaned with a damp mop.
- The quickest way to clean a varnished or waxed floor is to use a cleaner wax. After passing the vacuum cleaner, spread the liquid in a small area and rub with an applicator wax. Work small areas at a time, in the cutting direction of the timber. Remove excess with a clean cloth.
- The best way to clean a wooden floor is not the fastest, but the result is a long lasting shine. After passing the vacuum cleaner, wipe with a liquid cleaner for wood with a dry wax applicator in a small area at a time. Let soak for a few minutes and remove the excess. When the floor dries, buff it. Warning: this is a fuel mixture, use only in well ventilated areas.
- Whether it's wood, marble or mosaic, each area has its own characteristics cleaning needs. Meeting these needs is crucial to have durable and shiny floors.
- The flagstone and slate floors should be waterproofed with a commercial sealer, never with varnish or other derivatives.
- The best way to do this is to use a commercial waterproofing for tile and slate. Once the sealer has dried, apply two thin layers of acrylic wax to the ground with a long cable wax applicator with sheep wool pad or apply paste wax with a polisher. To do this, use a spatula to spread a small amount of wax directly on the brushes of the polisher and pass the waxer slowly with movements forward and backward to apply a thin layer of wax. When dry, buff it.
- Liquid waxes accumulate on your floor, making you remove the old wax and wax again. After applying the debtor paddle according to the manufacturer's instructions completely rinse the floor with clear water and then apply the wax.
- Pass the wet mop in slab floors and slate using clean water, a multipurpose cleaning solution in warm water or water softener clothes. Wring the mop until it doesn't ping anymore and pass on the floor in slow and steady movements. If the floor gets dull after getting clean, pass the mop again using water with a glass of vinegar; the floor will shine.
- Thank the heavens for linoleum, which is easy to clean if waxed.